Did somebody say COOKIES?

Hello everyone!

Seth and I like to try our hand at random recipes all the time. It usually ranges from dinners, snacks, and sweets. The way this normally goes is, I find a recipe that looks delicious. I send said recipe to Seth as a check for recipe feasibility, ease of obtaining the ingredients, and a second person to agree on whether or not it sounds tasty. Then, we make the recipe and chow down!

Seth and I definitely have our strengths and weaknesses when we are experimenting with new recipes. I, for one, hate to cook meat or anything complicated. If I can't pour it out of a box, warm it in the microwave, or one-pot dinner something, I'm probably not going to be making it alone or for myself. However, Seth is a whiz when it comes to beautifully cooked dinners that are layers and layers of complication. Literally, I stand in awe sometimes of his patience to cook these delicious dinners. Me, on the other hand, I love to bake. In addition to baking, I really love to decorate cakes. So, I guess you can say that I'm the sweet one. πŸ˜‰

So, earlier this week, I was doing my weekly "scour Pinterest for interesting recipes and other random things," and I found this recipe for Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. BAHAHA! You read that right. It's like cookie inception! I was pretty much sold, and after sending it to Seth for approval, he was drooling. But, I needed a reason to make these...or Seth and I were going to eat every last one!

Cue, my coworker's birthday. Success! Now we had a reason to make these monster cookies!

Now, I have to admit, the chocolate chip cookie dough recipe said that it was going to make 20-22 cookies. I have to laugh at this. I think in all, we made 9 Oreo-cookie contraptions.

Check out the process!!

I let Seth do the dirty work. There are the ingredients! Oreo (double stuffed, of course!) and some chewy chocolatey chip cookie dough. 

The Oreo is being engulfed by chocolate chip cookie goodness. πŸ˜‹

Pre-oven goodness. Raw cookie monsters completed.

Baked cookie monster goodness! (They are cooling...then we ate 2.) 😎
Biggest surprise about these cookies? They are dairy-free! (Meaning they are Shana Friendly...and they were delicious.)

I think I should go further to say, we made these at 11:30PM one night. Just because we could. Probably because we are a little silly like that. Spontaneous baking events make us smile. πŸ˜€

We are both looking forward to sharing our love of cooking and baking with our Baby Hogg someday!

πŸ’œAll of our love, 
Shana and Seth 

Comments

Popular Posts