Parenting Class: 101

Seth and I haven't really been so great at updating our blog. That's on us, guys. Sorry! However, there hasn't been much lately to really update you all with. We are currently still waiting patiently (or as patiently as Seth and I can). We wish we had more to say - but really nothing on the matching process has changed and we are just trying to keep our spirits up and not think about how long it's been. Which brings us to what we've actually been up to - updating our home study. See, we went through the whole home study process about a year ago and while the home study can be renewed for 3 years, we still have to update all of our forms and references every year. This means, medical physicals and blood draws, updating W-2 forms and tax information, FBI checks, state child abuse checks (for three states because we've lived everywhere), and getting our references to update their letters. All of this in addition to our regular jobs, trying to stay healthy, and sleep. 😝 We don't have to answer 25 pages of questions - but, there is so much to get done. So, we are just trying to keep busy and get on top of our to-do list.

In the midst of all of this, Seth really wanted to take a parenting class. I've changed my fair share of diapers and generally knew how to feed and comfort a baby - but he was really set on learning and being proactive. (Have I mentioned that I love this man? Because I do. 💓). So, off we went to our parenting class this past Wednesday. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was nervous to attend. I'm not the most outgoing person and the thought of being the only couple there that wasn't visibly and glowingly pregnant gave me some pause. But, I put on my brave face (which I might add, has been coming in handy lately) and we went. And wouldn't you know it - I didn't explode and the class was super helpful and only mildly uncomfortable. (I mean, it's only slightly awkward to give a bath to a plastic baby doll 👶, and we only got a few confused stares from the other couples 😆) Seth got really good at diapering a stationary baby doll and got a solid A- in baby swaddling. Overall, I wouldn't change the experience at all and I'm super glad that we stepped out of our comfort zone.

This was our 'baby' for the night. Baby was a girl - we never truly settled on a name, but she was sufficiently scrubbled and dried by Seth. (Also, some of the babies had the name of the class written on their backs in Sharpie, so we all joked that some of our babies had already done a stint at the local prison as shown by their prison tattoos.)

Proud Daddy-to-Be, Seth and his A- swaddle job. (He may have had a little bit of help) 😉

As always, we really appreciate you all checking in with us and following our journey. We appreciate all of the love, good thoughts, and prayers you all send our way! If you have any questions, please let us know and we'd love to chat with you. We are optimistic that we will be matched with Baby Hogg soon!


All of our love 💓
Shana and Seth

Comments

Popular Posts