Seth is old.

Seth and I just celebrated his 32nd birthday this past weekend and it was (pardon my expression) AMAZEBALLS!! 😆😍 To be honest, I'm normally much better at planning fun adventures for his birthday and I truly thought I dropped the ball this year. (I mean, nothing will compare to my 2015 epic Dallas scavenger hunt - which included donuts from Hypnotic Donuts). But, I digress ... we've been a bit frazzled or for lack of a better word incredibly busy with the adoption and other random life things. So, I didn't start planning until about the Wednesday before his birthday on Saturday. My plan was to go hiking with the pups and then explore Philly for a bit with dinner reservations at some fancy-pants place. What I didn't realize was that the place where I wanted to go hiking was WAAAAAAAYYY too far from our house (and Philly for that matter) so, time management was an issue. Instead, we hit up the gym for a 7:00a class (Yay, OrangeTheory Fitness! If I haven't talked your ear off about how much I love this place, you should give me five minutes or so 💪). After that, we got Roz prepped and ready for a w-a-l-k. (She can probably hear me typing that and we don't need her all riled up just yet 😉) We tried to go as far as we could so that she could stretch her legs and get rid of some energy but she was the Energizer Bunny. After 3 miles of these shenanigans, Seth and I were sore and beat - Roz was ready for another 3 miles. 😨

Roz in her napping chair after all of her walks and adventures! 💗
After we got all cleaned up and fancy, Seth and I headed into the city for dinner at Amada. So, Seth is a bit of a foodie. Not to be confused with a food snob - because he is not that. But, he loves trying new restaurants and new food. Amada is Chef Jose Garces (yes, that Chef Garces of Iron Chef) tapas restaurant. Despite all of my food allergies (and the fact that pretty much every menu item had almonds or dairy in it) I ATE SOOOO MUCH. It was glorious. 😊 We did have plans to get ice cream from Franklin Fountain (they have vegan ice cream!) but, we both literally had to roll ourselves out of the restaurant so we passed on that.

Seth and I after dinner - super full and happy! 😍

Wind-blown selfie! Walking around Penn's Landing to stretch our legs! 👫
We are still just keeping positive in our adoption journey and we pray that things will happen soon. However, we don't know when anything will happen. So, we appreciate all of your prayers, re-posts, shares of our blog and stories, and support.

Thanks for hanging along with us on this ride!

All of our love, 💗
Shana and Seth

Comments

Popular Posts